Special Issue "Additives and Pre-treatments to Enhance the Performance of Coatings on Wood"
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2018
I would like to invite you to submit your work to this Special Issue on "Additives and Pre-Treatments to Enhance the Performance of Coatings on Wood". Coatings invariably contain additives (UV absorbers, hindered amine light stabilizers, inorganic particles, fungicides, etc.) to improve their outdoor performance. The outdoor performance of coatings on wood can also be improved by altering the properties of the wood substrate to reduce its susceptibility to degradation by water, micro-organisms and light. This Special Issue of Coatings focuses on both of these areas. Our aim is to present the most important developments in this fast-moving field, from the leading groups around the world.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Organic and inorganic photostabilizers for exterior wood coatings;
- Additives to reduce the colonization of coatings by micro-organisms;
- Exterior performance of coatings containing bio-based additives derived from cellulose, lignin or other natural polymers;
- Reinforcement or cross-linking of coating films to improve their weather resistance;
- Chemical modification of wood to improve the performance of exterior coatings;
- Plasma treatments to improve the performance of exterior wood coatings;
- Mechanical or biological pre-treatments to improve the performance of exterior wood coatings;
- Fungicidal pre-treatments and other methods of reducing the colonization of the wood-coating interface by micro-organisms.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Coatings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.