Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal of coatings and surface engineering. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure - if unable to be published in a normal way - can be deposited as supplementary material
This journal covers all topics related to coatings and their engineering.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- biocompatible coating
- ceramic coatings
- coatings for the food industry
- coatings for optical applications
- corrosion resistant coatings
- CVD (chemical vapor deposition) deposited coatings
- decorative coatings
- electrodeposited coatings
- ion and electron beam deposited coatings
- laser cladding
- magnetic coatings
- multilayer coatings
- hard and wear resistant coatings
- plasma deposited coatings
- polymeric and organic coatings
- thermal and Plasma sprayed coatings
- thermal barrier coatings
- waterproof and hydrophobic coatings
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Coatings is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to:
MDPI AGReceived books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Coatings will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.