Special Issue "Selected Papers from ICMAT Symposium M “Advanced Nano and Polymeric Materials for Biological and Health Care Applications”"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 October 2015)
Dr. Subramanian Tamil Selvan
Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), 3 Research Link, 117602, Singapore
Website | E-Mail
Fax: +65 6774 4657
Interests: nanoparticles; quantum dots; synthesis; surface functionalization; optical and magnetic properties; multifunctional nanoparticles; bioimaging; drug delivery; nanomedicine; biomaterials; Tissue Engineering; Personal Care; polymer composites; solar cells
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang J. Parak
Dr. Yoshihiro Ito
The biological and health care applications of nanomaterials and polymers have been of great interest in recent years. This Special Issue of selected papers of the 8th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT) Symposium M “Advanced Nano and Polymeric Materials for Biological and Health Care Applications” will essentially cover the following topics, but are not strictly limited to them.
• Multifunctional nanomaterials and polymers for bioimaging and sensing
• Functional inorganic nanoparticles (e.g., quantum dots, metallic, magnetic, upconversion) and other nanomaterials (e.g., liposomes, micelles, polymers) for diagnostic and therapeutic applications
• Gold Nanoparticles: Interaction with cells, biocompatibility and targeting
• Cell membrane penetrating nanoparticles
• Functionalized nanocarriers for cellular uptake and their pharmacokinetics, nanotoxicology
• Therapeutic drug delivery using mesoporous silica nanoparticles, biodegradable polymer capsules, controlled release of DNA, siRNA, etc.
• Interactions of nanomaterials with cells, tissues, and living organisms
• Nanotechnology in regenerative medicine
• Antimicrobial nanoparticles and polymers for cosmetics and personal care applications
• Biological and personal care applications of hydrogels and water soluble polymers
For further information, please visit:
Prof. Dr. Subramanian Tamil Selvan
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Parak
Prof. Dr. Subramanian Balakumar
Prof. Dr. Yoshihiro Ito
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- quantum dots
- upconversion nanoparticles
- magnetic nanoparticles
- polymeric nanoparticles