Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for the 2018 Foods Travel Awards for junior investigators. The applicants will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars in the field of food.
Two Awards will be made this year. Each Award will consist of
- an electronic certificate;
- a travel award of 800 US Dollars to be used to allow the winner to attend a food-related conference at which they are presenting a paper or poster;
- a full publication fee waiver for a paper based on the data presented at the conference they attend, provided the text is presented for publication before December 2019. The paper will be subject to the normal peer review process in our journal.
- Applicants should have been awarded their PhD degree no earlier than 1 July, 2013 and should be conducting research in the food area.
- The investigator must be registered to attend and present an oral talk or poster at an international food conference/congress, which will be held between October 2018 and September 2019. Furthermore, when attending the conference, the winners are required to place a badge on the poster/talk slide to acknowledge the Foods Award.
Application Support Material Should Include:
- A copy of the current CV (basic personal information, publications, received awards, etc.);
- A one‐page statement on the importance of their research and the potential impact on the area of interest;
- The abstract to be presented (oral or poster) at the nominated conference;
- A one‐page statement on the importance of the proposed conference to their research in the food area, as well as the conference name.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 30 July, 2018. The winners will be announced on the Foods website before October 2018.
The Foods Editorial Board and Editorial Team would like to gratefully acknowledge the time and energy given by reviewers in checking manuscripts submitted to the journal. It is thanks to their efforts that the quality of the journal and quick submission to publication process are maintained. The median time to first decision is 19 days and the median time to publication is 46 days.
The following referee has been selected by the Editor-in-Chief of Foods, Prof. Dr. Christopher J. Smith, to receive “Foods 2017 Outstanding Reviewer Award” for the quantity, timeliness and quality of her reviews in 2017. She will receive 500 CHF, an electronic certificate, and can publish one free paper in Foods for her outstanding review work.
Antonella Pasqualone, Department of Soil, Plant and Food Sciences, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
Travel Award 2017
Over 110 eligible applications, from 37 countries, including Europe, USA, New Zealand and Australia, etc., were evaluated by an international panel of experts, who ranked the applicants according to their CV and scholarly achievements, their research, the significance of the conference, and their career aspirations. On behalf of Editor-in-Chief of Foods, we are pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Foods Travel Awards:
- The Junior Research Award winner is Dr. Nauman Khalid of Deakin University (Australia). His current research centers on the field of bioactive and functional food, lipid science, antioxidants, and so on.
- The PhD Award winner is Ajay Shivajirao Desai of Lincoln University (New Zealand). His current research centers on the field of food product development, food ingredient technology, starch-protein interaction and seafood processing.
We congratulate them on their excellent work and would further like to thank all applicants for their interesting and high quality contributions. We also wish to thank the Selection Committee members, Drs. Christopher J. Smith, Mario Estévez, Shridhar K. Sathe, Rotimi Aluko, Emilie Combet, Antonello Santini and Chrysoula Tassou, for their evaluation of the candidates.