Special Issue "Tourism Economics"
A special issue of Economies (ISSN 2227-7099).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2017)
The dynamics of tourism as an economic activity, but also as an industry requires a continuous effort in the search for new approaches, tools and perspectives in order to acquire new knowledge and a greater understanding of this discipline, Tourism Economics.
Therefore, this Special Issue is necessary and useful to review progress occurring in tourism research from an economic approach and collate research progress reports made in recent years in terms of approaches, methodological innovations, topics emerging, research gaps and possible lines of future research in this field.
Articles will be accepted whose content revolves around one of the following topics:
- Analysis of data tourism (local, regional or national statistics, UNWTO, WEF, WTTC, WB, etc.).
- Analysis of tourism demand and its determinants (seasonality, motivations, decisions, spending, satisfaction).
- Analysis of tourist supply and value chain (productivity, quality, employment, training, efficiency, innovation, international operations, etc.).
- Assessment and management of resources.
- Collaborative economy.
- Developments in the components of the product.
- Economics’ impacts of tourism (tourist magnitudes, multiplier effect, Tourism Satellite Account).
- Markets and prices.
- Methodological and statistics’ issues for economic analyses of tourism.
- Public policy.
- Tourism and economic development.
- Tourism and economic growth.
- Tourism and foreign trade.
- Tourism and green economy.
- Tourism competitiveness.
- Tourism taxation.
Prof. Dr. Juan Ignacio Pulido Fernández
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Economies is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.