Molecules Upcoming Events Announce Your Event Here
15–17 May 2017 The 5th International Phytocosmetics and Phytotherapy Congress
The 5th International Phytocosmetics and Phytotherapy Congress, May 15-17, 2017, Patras, Greece
Dr. Touwaide and Dr. Emanuela Appetiti will co-chair a special session called "Fragrance of History". The session will welcome presentations on any aspect of the history of cosmetics, perfumes, medicinal plants and medicines in any geographic location.
Selected Congress Topics:A) Nanotechnology: Sustainable Practice; Phytochemistry
B) Bioactives: Novel Ingredients in Phytotherapy and Phytocosmetics
C) Phytotherapy Phytocosmetics
National University of Ireland, Galway - Galway, Ireland
The conference is intended for synthetic chemists interested in heterocycles and biological activities. Preliminary topics for abstract submissions are as follows:
- Asymmetric Synthesis & Organocatalysis
- Biomolecules & Natural Products
- Heterocyclic Chemistry & Reactive Intermediates
- Medicinal & Biological Chemistry
- Green & Sustainable Organic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis & Scale-Up
11–15 June 2017 International Symposium on Metal Complexes (ISMEC 2017)
By gathering researchers from both academia and industry, ISMEC aims at providing an outstanding forum for sharing new ideas and discussing the most recent advances related to the study and applications of metal complexes in the fields of analytical, biomedical, environmental, supramolecular, inorganic, physical, and industrial chemistry. Main topics include:
- Speciation, solution equilibria and kinetics in relation to coordination chemistry
- Supramolecular chemistry
- Analytical methods and sensors based on metal complexes
- Solution equilibria and industrial processes (e.g. hydrometallurgy, ion-exchange, catalysis…)
- Nanostructured metal complexes
- Metal complexes of environmental and biological interests (e.g. proteomics and metabolomics, interactions with metalloenzymes and biomolecules…)
- Metals in health sciences (e.g. transport, homeostasis, toxicity, therapy, diagnosis and imaging…)
- Chemometrics and computational modelling for equilibrium analysis
The scientific program of the conference includes 5 plenary and 12 keynote lectures. Dr Jean-Pierre Sauvage (Nobel Laureate in Chemistry, 2016) kindly agreed to present the opening lecture on Monday 12th June 2017. In addition, ISMEC 2017 will welcome 38 oral communications and a poster exhibition.
2–6 July 2017 20th European Symposium on Organic Chemistry
While organic synthesis, which is the art of making organic molecules in an efficient and sustainable fashion, will be in the focus of the conference, the essential impact of organic chemistry for the life sciences and the material sciences will also become apparent. Thematically, ESOC 2017 will cover the full spectrum of organic chemistry, while in particular highlighting modern trends in
• Synthesis (natural products synthesis, synthetic methodology, reaction technology)
• Catalysis (metal-, organo-, bio-, photoredox-)
• C-H Bond Activation
• Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology
• Organic Materials and Supramolecular Chemistry
• Physical and Computational Organic Chemistry.
Since the first ESOC in 1979, which was held at the University of Cologne under the chair of Prof. Emanuel Vogel, the biannual ESOC conferences have developed into flagship events for the Organic Chemistry community in Europe and beyond.
The conference is designed to attract organic chemists from both academia and industry, and especially PhD students, postdocs and young researchers will have plenty of opportunity for exchange and discussion. Besides 12 plenary and 12 invited lectures, there are more than 20 slots for short oral presentations (á 15 min) and space for ≥ 400 posters, which will be up during all days of the conference.
From chemistry to catalysis, materials, biology, and medicine, from theory to application, the main target of this conference is to gather Researchers and Experts in Phosphorus, Boron and Silicon community in order to provide all participants with the latest progress and inputs recorded in each field. The conference topics are:
- Recycling, green chemistry, environment impact & sustainability
- Fabrication processes and applications in the industry
- Materials science: polymers, thin films, nanopowders, ceramics, crystals, composites etc.
- Computational and theoretical chemistry
- Bioinorganic chemistry and application in medicine
- Energy, conversion & storage
- Catalysis processes & applications
- Optical, electrical and magnetic properties
- Advanced synthesis and characterization
- Reactions of coordination compounds
- General aspects of inorganic chemistry
A single Congress fee will allow delegates to attend any conference or session they wish. No one will be limited to a single conference stream.
The program will involve the specialised individual partner conferences producing content in their area of expertise while the RACI Centenary National Conference and the 17th ACC will form the major umbrella event and will concentrate on the important areas of chemistry not covered by the specialised partner conferences.
Any delegates wishing to present will be able to submit abstracts to the whichever partner conference(s) their subject matter is relevant to.
University of Evora, Evora, Portugal
This is the second edition of this ISySyCat series. The conference is intended for synthetic chemists interested in all aspects of synthesis and catalysis, with a particular emphasis on industrial application. Topics to be discussed include:
- Total synthesis.
- Synthesis in medicinal chemistry and chemical biology.
- New reagents, catalysts, strategies and concepts for organic synthesis.
- Biocatalysis in synthesis.
- Flow-chemistry approaches to the synthesis of key targets.
- Applications of organometallic compounds in synthesis and catalysis.
- Stereoselective synthesis.
- Synthesis and property of functional molecules and organic materials.
- Sustainable and green synthetic and catalytic methods.
- Process development of key pharmaceutical targets.
- Computational tools for synthesis and catalysis.
- Polymer synthesis.
3–6 October 2017 the 5th European Cyclodextrin Conference (EUROCD 2017)
Followed by the success of the previous EUROCD conferences in Aalborg (2009), Asti (2011), Antalya (2013), and Lille (2015), the 5th EUROCD will provide another opportunity for scientists who work in several aspects of cyclodextrin research to meet and discuss recent advances in this field. It aims to provide an enabling environment for PhD students, early career scientists and senior researchers from numerous Universities, Research Institutes, Start-Ups and Industries, so that they can create and strengthen research collaborations geared towards increasing cyclodextrin application and its commercial use. We look forward to receive participants not only from Europe, but also from Asia, Africa, Middle East and America.
Alongside with the robust scientific program, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy and discover the historical city of Lisbon. In cooperation with LisbonPH, we have prepared some extra-conference activities to show you this marvelous, historic and thriving city.
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting conference.
10–14 December 2017 12th International Symposium on Platinum Coordination Compounds in Cancer Chemotherapy
This conference series bring together clinicans and laboratory scientists who have an interest platinum drugs used for the treatment of a variety of human cancers. This year's ISPCC will be the 12th held since they began in the 1970s. It will be held in the beautiful and sunny Eastern suburbs of Sydney Australia. The conference venue will be the Crown Plaza Hotel which is located adjacent to Coogee Beach. Each of the five days will include plenary and invited presentations.
15–20 July 2018 28th International Conference on Organometallic Chemistry (ICOMC-2018)
The 28th International Conference on Organometallic Chemistry (ICOMC-2018) will be held from 15th to 20th July 2018 in Florence, Italy, and organized by the Institute of Chemistry of Organometallic Compounds (ICCOM) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), in association with the official PCO of the event, Adria Congrex Srl.
ICOMC 2018 will provide a unique opportunity to present and disseminate all the main aspects of modern organometallic chemistry in a lively, multidisciplinary and modern environment. The scientific program will be organised in lecture and poster parallel sessions, focused on recent scientific advances in key and emerging areas of organometallic chemistry including, but not limited to:
Asymmetric Syntheses by Organometallics
Bio-Organometallic and Medicinal Chemistry
Organometallics for Energy Storage and Production
Clusters, Coordination Polymers and MOFs
f-Block Organometallic Synthesis
Green Chemistry and Catalysis
Main Group Organometallic Synthesis
Materials and Nanomaterials
Reactivity, Structure and Bonding
Transition Metal Organometallic Synthesis
Two lecture session will be organised as themed minisymposia, centred on the topics:
“Advances in photovoltaic chemistry and technology” and “Challenges in CO2 activation and utilization”.
Attendance of young researchers and students will be encouraged and supported by affordable registration fees and preferential rates for accommodation.