Special Issue "Machine to Machine Communications and Internet of Things (IoT)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2018
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications and Internet of Things (IoT) are playing an ever-increasing role in our society, our economy and in the broad research on ICT at all levels. M2M and IoT are among of the most pervasive technologies, and many fields such as the industrial production, the healthcare, the energy production and distribution, the smart cities (just to name a few), the smart home are going to have M2M and IoT as their backbone and foundation.
The last few years have been exciting for IoT and M2M in many respects, including:
- The emergence of new standards and paradigms such as NB-IoT, WiSUN, IEEE 802.11ah and the Low Power Wide Area Networks such as, for example, SigFox and LoRa
- The emerging importance of IoT and M2M platforms from major IT companies or dedicated, for example, to the Industrial Internet of Things
- The application of tools and techniques such as Machine Learning and Big Data to the huge amount of data generated by sensors and actuators
- The emergence of a number of consortia and interest groups to promote the application of IoT and M2M in specific application domains
- The interest, at the level of major standardization institution in ICT, such a IETF, for establishing a common IPv6 foundation for many different LPWAN including LoRa, SigFox, WiSUN and NB-IoT
Therefore, the purpose of this Special Issue is to publish high-quality research, both from academic and industrial stakeholders, and serves as an outlet for disseminating innovative solutions towards meeting the expectation of M2M and IoT communities. Original, high quality contributions that have not yet been published, submitted, or are not currently under review by other journals or peer-reviewed conferences are sought.
Prof. Lorenzo Vangelista
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Physical layer of M2M and IoT
- MAC protocols for M2M and IoT
- Network protocols for M2M and IoT
- Standardization efforts for M2M and IoT
- Application frameworks and platforms for M2M and IoT
- Industrial IoT
- IoT for Smart Cities
- Machine Learning for IoT
- Big Data for IoT
- Low Power Wide Area Networks