Micromachines Upcoming Events Announce Your Event Here
31 October–2 November 2017 The 8th Symposium on Micro-Nano Science and Technology
Micro-Nano Science & Technology Division in JSME (Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers) promotes academic activities to pioneer novel research topics on microscopic mechanics. The division encourages interdisciplinary studies to deeply understand physical/chemical/biological phenomena in micro/nano scale and to develop applied technologies. Since 2009, past seven symposiums on Micro-Nano Science & Technology have taken place successfully incorporating with the related societies of electronics and applied physics. We have promoted in-depth studies and interactions between researchers/engineers in various fields with more than 160 papers presented at each symposium for the past few years.
Today we are pleased to announce that “the 8th Symposium on Micro-Nano Science and Technology” will be held from October 31 through November 2, 2017 in Hiroshima, Japan. Two cooperative symposiums will be held in the same venue and at the same time. We invite original contributions as research papers and look forward to fruitful discussions.
21–25 January 2018 The 31st IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2018)
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reflecting the rapid growth of the MEMS field and the commitment and success of its research community, the IEEE MEMS Conference series has evolved into a premier annual event in the MEMS area. In recent years it has attracted over 600 participants and has presented more than 200 select papers in non-overlapping oral and poster sessions. The 31st IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2018) is one of the premier annual events reporting research results on every aspect of Microsystems technology. This Conference reflects from the rapid proliferation of the commitment and success of the Microsystems research community. In recent years, the IEEE MEMS Conference has attracted more than 700 participants, 800+ abstract submissions and has created the forum to present over 200 select papers in podium and poster/oral sessions. Its single-session format provides ample opportunity for interaction between attendees, presenters and exhibitors. MEMS 2018 will be held in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK, from 21 - 25 January 2018. The major areas of activity in the development of MEMS solicited and expected at this conference include but are not limited to:
- Design, simulation and analysis tools with experimental verification
- Fabrication technologies and processes
- Silicon and non-silicon materials
- Electro-mechanical integration techniques
- Assembly and packaging approaches
- Metrology and operational evaluation techniques
- System architecture
The major areas of activity in the application of MEMS solicited and expected at this conference include but are not limited to:
- Mechanical, thermal, and magnetic sensors and actuators, and system
- Opto-mechanical microdevices and microsystems
- Fluidic microcomponents and microsystems
- Microdevices for data storage
- Microdevices for biomedical engineering
- Micro chemical analysis systems
- Microdevices and systems for wireless communication
- Microdevices for power supply and energy harvesting
- Nano-electro-mechanical devices and systems
- Scientific microinstruments
25–28 August 2017 1st International Conference on Micro/Nanomachines
18–22 September 2017 43rd International Conference on Micro and NanoEngineering
In September 2017, the 43rd edition of MNE will be held at INL – International Iberian Nanotechnology, in Braga – Portugal. This is a great opportunity to reinforce links within this international community and to be enjoy Portugal, the hospitality, the culture, the people and the Atlantic coast climate and of course the excellent food & wine.
MNE2017 is the major annual conference devoted to micro and nano-engineering and manufacturing, held in a an European country every September. The Conference brings together engineers and scientists from across the world to discuss recent progress and future trends in research, fabrication, and applications of micro and nano devices. MNE usually attracts about 800 -1000 participants (>600 papers) and is the premier European conference in micro and nanotechnology on the following subjects:
- Micro and Nanolithography;
- Micro and Nanofabrication/Engineering;
- Micro and Nano devices and their applications in engineering science (MEMS, NEMS, MicroOptics, Photovoltaic,…);
- Micro and Nano devices and their applications in Life Science (µTAS, BioMEMS, Microfluidic Devices,…).
The program and layout have been structured to maximize the opportunity for participants to visit the technical exhibition during the coffee breaks and poster sessions.
This year we look forward to welcoming you to Braga and to INL!
27–29 September 2017 5th International Symposium on Sensor Science
The upcoming international scientific conference "5th International Symposium on Sensor Science I3S 2017", sponsored by the journal Sensors, will bring together scientists from different areas to discuss important recent developments in sensor technology.
Take the opportunity to meet sensor scientists from all over the world and develop new mutually beneficial collaborations! Visit our conference website and register today!
4–6 October 2017 The 3rd Conference on MicroFluidic Handling Systems
Enschede, The Netherlands
Worldwide, accurate handling (e.g. dosing, measurement and control) of small and extremely small mass flow rates of both gases and liquids is becoming more and more important, driven by numerous economically important applications in for instance semiconductor industry, analytical instrumentation, food, pharmacy, energy, bioanalytical systems, and micro reaction systems.
The focus of this conference is mainly on the technology, components, devices and systems that enable the application and biology in microfluidic systems. We invite submission of papers on systems and devices for accurate handling (e.g. dosing, measurement and control) of (extremely) small mass flow rates of both gases and liquids, and corresponding measurement and control principles.
13–15 November 2017 NanoBioTech-Montreux
NanoBioTech-Montreux is a unique Conference at the frontiers of Micro- and NanoTechnology developments for Biological, Chemical and Medical applications.
- Single Cell Platform: Analysis, Manipulation; Sorting; Novel Handling Techniques; Single Cell Imaging; Cell; Arrays
- Medicine: Nanomedicine; Clinical Applications of Nanotechnology; Point-of-Care Devices; Cell; Analysis Systems
- Fundamentals: Nanofluidics; Nanoparticles; Modelling
- Molecular Analysis: Chromatography; Separation Science; Detection Systems, Membrane-Free Separation; NMR; Mass Spectrometry
- Systems: Integrated Platforms; Systems Engineering; Microfluidics Integration
- Imaging: Photonics, Plasmonics, SERS
- Cell / Tissue Engineering: Cell Growth; Cell Engineering; Scaffolds; Nanobiomaterials; Stem Cells; Regenerative Medicine; Implantable Sensors and Systems
- Nanobiotechnology: Nanobiosensor; Nanomanipulation; Tools; Engineering Molecules and Surfaces; Self-Assembly; Molecular Motors
14–17 November 2017 The 17th International Conference on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
PowerMEMS welcomes abstracts addressing innovations related to miniaturization for power generation and energy conversion. Its topics of interest range from basic principles, to materials and fabrication, to devices and systems, to applications. All energy domains are of interest, including, but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, chemical, thermal, magnetic, electrostatic, ferroelectric, optical, nuclear, and fluidic energy domains.