Micromachines (ISSN 2072-666X) is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal, which provides an advanced forum for studies on micro- and nanoscale machines. The journal publishes reviews, original research articles, and communications in this field. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, there is no restriction on the length of the papers or the number of electronic supplementary files. Full details on experiments, materials and methods must be provided for a research article so that the results can be reproduced.
Micromachines is dedicated to a high scientific standard. All manuscripts undergo a rigorous reviewing process with internationally renowned experts, and decisions are based on the recommendations of these independent reviewers.
This journal seeks and encourages submission on significant and original works related to all aspects of micro/nano-scaled structures, devices, systems as well as related micro- and nanotechnology from fundamental research to applications. The scope includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Fundamental micro/nanoscale and multiphysics phenomena leading to novel applications
- Fundamentals of Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and Nano Electro Mechanical Systems (NEMS)
- Silicon and other advanced materials for MEMS and NEMS
- Micro/nano fabrication and manufacturing technologies: Deposition, lithography, patterning, etching, surface micromachining, bulk micromachining, laser fabrication, 3D printing, self-assembly and other new micro/nano fabrication technologies
- MEMS and NEMS: BioMEMS, Optical MEMS, Power MEMS, RF MEMS, nanophotonics, energy harvesting, micro batteries, microtransducers, microactuators, microsensors, etc.
- Lab-on-a-Chip (LOC): microfluidics, nanofluidics, optofluidics, acoustofluidics, magnetofluidics, microarrays, microreactors as well as their system integration
- Other micro/nano-scaled devices and systems: biomedical microdevices, stretchable electronics, microrobotics, etc.
- Applications of micromachines in chemistry, biology, medical sciences, energy and environmental sciences, etc.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Micromachines is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Micromachines will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th. 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Tel. +86 27 8780 8658; Fax: +86 27 8761 2588
For further MDPI contacts, see here.