Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for a PhD student to attend a conference in 2018. The award will consist of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs). The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars in this field.
A/Prof. Peter Meikle
- Doctoral student within the research field of metabolism and metabolomics
- Will participate at an international conference in 2018 (poster or oral presentation)
- The awardee will be asked to acknowledge the support for the journal Metabolites during their presentation.
Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- The abstract and conference details
- A CV, along with a one page statement from the candidate describing his/her research interests and a list of publications
- A letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor or PI (principal investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all the requirements
- A letter of acceptance from the conference organizers.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 31 March 2018. We look forward to reading your applications and the winner will be announced in Metabolites in 30 April 2018.
Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of Metabolites, I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Metabolites Travel Award on behalf of the Evaluation Committee:
KATIE HILLYER，Postdoc fellow at the Victoria University of Wellington, whose research seeks to understand the role of metabolism and free metabolite pools in organism function during exposure to cellular stress. She is planning to present her work “Mapping carbon fate during coral bleaching: the application of 13C metabolomics”at the Metabolomics 2017 (June 25–29, Brisbane, Australia). The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs towards attending this conference.
It was a difficult decision with such high quality applications for the award and we thank all applicants. We wish to congratulate Dr. Katie Hillyer for her accomplishments.
A/Prof. Peter J Meikle,