Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal of metabolism and metabolomics. Metabolites publishes original research articles and review articles in molecular aspects of metabolism relevant to the fields of metabolomics, metabolic biochemistry, computational and systems biology, biotechnology and medicine, with a particular focus on the biological roles of metabolites and small molecule biomarkers.
Metabolites encourages scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, there is no restriction on article length. Sufficient experimental details must be provided to enable the results to be accurately reproduced. Electronic material representing additional figures, materials and methods explanation, or supporting results and evidence can be submitted with the main manuscript as supplementary material.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- identification, structure elucidation and quantification of endogenous and exogenous metabolites in unicellular and multicellular organisms, including lipidomics, cheminformatics and computational chemistry methods in metabolomics
- downstream effects of genetic and environmental perturbations on metabolite levels and fluxes
- advances in platform technology development for low-molecular weight molecules detection and identification
- computational advances relevant to understanding of metabolic processes and metabolic networks
- metabolic reconstructions and mathematical models of metabolic processes
- advances in capture, organization, and curation of metabolic knowledge
- experimental and computational advances in the analysis of metabolic flux
- advances in data processing and data analysis for analytical methods concerned with low-molecular weight metabolites detection and identification
- progress in methods for biological sample preparation for biomarker and metabolic profiling studies
- applications of these technologies in the clinical laboratory, including understanding of metabolic diseases, biomarker discovery, inborn errors of metabolism, identification of toxins and pollutants
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Metabolites is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI enforces a rigorous peer-review process that adopts strict ethical policies and standards to ensure that we contribute high-quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, etc., occasionally arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to Dr. Shu-Kun Lin, MDPI AG, Kandererstrasse 25, CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland. Received books will be listed first as "Books Received", then offered to the scholarly community for preparing reviews.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Metabolites will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.