Travel Award 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for a PhD student or PostDoc fellow to attend a conference in 2018. The award will consist of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs). The nominations and applications will be
assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars in this field.
- Doctoral student or PostDoc fellow within the research field of origins and evolution of life
- Will participate at an international conference in 2018 (poster or oral presentation)
- The awardee will be asked to acknowledge the support of the journal Life during his/her presentation
Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- The abstract and conference details
- A CV, along with a one-page statement from the candidate describing his/her research interests and a list of publications
- A letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor or PI (principal investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all the requirements
- A letter of acceptance from the conference organizer
Travel Award 2017
Claudia Bonfio, PhD student at the Centre for Integrative Biology (CIBIO), University of Trento, whose research focuses on the origin of iron–sulfur clusters and their catalytic activity on the early Earth. She is planning to present her work “UV-light driven prebiotic synthesis of iron–sulfur clusters” at the XVIIIth International Conference on the Origin of Life. The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs to attend this conference.