Life (ISSN 2075-1729) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal of scientific studies related to fundamental themes in life sciences such as extremophiles, evolution of microbial biosystems and the origins of life. Other areas of interest include synthetic biology and astrobiology. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed.
- Electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure - if unable to be published in a normal way - can be deposited as supplementary material.
- Manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds are also welcomed.
- Authors have the option to publish all reviewer comments and editorial decisions alongside the final published manuscript.
- Reviewers can optionally sign their comments: in this case, their identity will be made public with the final published paper
This journal covers all aspects of life sciences. Research fields of interest include but are not limited to:
- artificial life
- cell biology
- developmental biology
- evolutionary biology
- new approaches to life detection
- molecular biology
- origins of life
- prebiotic chemistry
- space life sciences
- structural biology
- systems biology
- theoretical biology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Life is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Life will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 25th. 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Tel. +86 27 878 086 58; Fax: Fax: +86 27 876 125 88
For further MDPI contacts, see here.