Special Issue "Ubiquitous Systems and Services for IT Convergence"
A special issue of Information (ISSN 2078-2489).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 December 2014)
Prof. Dr. Young-Sik Jeong
Department of Multimedia Engineering, Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea
Interests: Cloud computing, Ubiquitous computing, Internet of Things and M2M, Cyber physical system , Ubiquitous intelligent systems, Smart appliances
As computing power and networks have advanced, we face a novel environment called “Converged IT”. The term refers to the realization of a new IT environment where information exchange can be made via various devices, such as smart devices, intelligent systems and services, advanced vehicular communications technology, ubiquitous computing, cloud computing, etc. In addition, as pervasive computing is gradually integrated with every aspect our lives and activities, ubiquitous services are also rapidly applied to our real lives.
This Special Issue aims to address advanced IT issues and to encourage researchers to publish their results in Information. The issue will accept both original research papers and review articles that enhance the state-of-the-art in IT Convergence, its applications, and services. The papers will be peer-reviewed and selected on the basis of their quality and relevance to the Special Issue’s theme. Papers on practical as well as theoretical topics and problems are invited.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Ubiquitous Systems and Services for IT Convergence
- Intelligent Service Framework and Key elements for IT Convergence
- Advanced Vehicular Communications Technology
- UI/UX for IT Convergence
- Wireless sensor and RFID for IT Convergence
- Cyber Physical System in IT Convergence
- Context awareness service model for IT Convergence
- Internet of Things and M2M
- Grid and Cloud computing
- Advanced Cryptography and Security Issues for IT Convergence
- Network middleware and protocols for IT Convergence
- Intelligent Mobile Multimedia Computing
- Smartphone and personal devices for SW
- Security modeling in SW
- Methods for improving either the efficiency or accuracy of M2M applications
- Vehicle service models for IT Convergence
- Haptic interfaces and interactions for IT Convergence
Prof. Dr. Jason C. Hung
Prof. Dr. Shu-Ching Chen
Prof. Dr. Young-Sik Jeong
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed Open Access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 300 CHF (Swiss Francs). English correction and/or formatting fees of 250 CHF (Swiss Francs) will be charged in certain cases for those articles accepted for publication that require extensive additional formatting and/or English corrections.
- IT Convergence
- Hybrid of IT, BT, NT
- Ubiquitous Systems
- Multimodal Ubiquitous Services
- Haptic interfaces
- Vehicular Cloud Computing
- Green IT
- Cyber Physical System and Embedded SW
- Internet of Things
- Intelligent Mobile Multimedia
- Convergence Security
- Converged Video Surveillance