Galaxies (ISSN 2075-4434) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their astronomical observations and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and methodological details, as applicable, must be provided. In addition, especially welcomed are:
- manuscripts regarding original research proposals and research ideas
- electronic files or software containing full details of the calculations and experimental procedure; if unable to be published in a normal way they can be deposited as supplementary material
- manuscripts containing summaries and surveys on research cooperation and actual and future projects (as those founded by national governments or others) are likewise appreciated, as they provide interesting information for a broad field of users.
- Observational Astronomy – Radio, Infrared, Optical, X-Ray, Neutrino, etc.
- Planetary science
- Astronomy equipment and technologies
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomical data analyses
- Astrochemistry and Astrobiology
- History of Astronomy and Cosmology
- Philosophical issues in Cosmology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Galaxies is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Announcements and Advertisements
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Galaxies will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
MDPI Tongzhou Office, Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing 101101, China
Fax: +86 10 59011089
For further MDPI contacts, see here.