Galaxies (ISSN 2075-4434) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and technical notes. Our aim is to offer to the interested authors the advantages of a fast and very professional publication of their results, in particular those containing original and creative research proposals and ideas. We encourage scientists to write down their astronomical observations and theoretical results in detail. There is no restriction on the length of the manuscripts. In addition, especially welcomed are:
- manuscripts regarding original research proposals and research ideas
- electronic files or software containing full details of the calculations and experimental procedure; if unable to be published in a normal way they can be deposited as supplementary material
- manuscripts containing summaries and surveys on research cooperation and actual and future projects (as those founded by national governments or others) are likewise appreciated, as they provide interesting information for a broad field of users.
- Observational Astronomy – Radio, Infrared, Optical, X-Ray, Neutrino, etc.
- Planetary science
- Astronomy equipment and technologies
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomical data analyses
- Astrochemistry and Astrobiology
- History of Astronomy and Cosmology
- Philosophical issues in Cosmology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Galaxies is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Galaxies will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
MDPI Tongzhou Office No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou Jincheng Center, Room 2207 101101 Beijing, Tongzhou District China
For further MDPI contacts, see here.