Beverages (ISSN 2306-5710) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal on research, development, and public policy related to beverages.
The journal publishes reviews, regular research papers on a variety of topics, and short communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists and researchers to publish their experimental and theoretical results, to integrate research-based public policy into scientific forums, and to share knowledge through open-access to as many readers as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers, but all authors should consider that well edited, concise papers often are more likely to be read and used.
For research and development articles, full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. For public policy articles a full exploration of research-based information is essential. Limitations of research and public policy articles must be stated.
- Electronic files or software providing full details of experimental procedures, analyses, and calculation, can be deposited as supplementary material
- Research based public policy papers or those that highlight impacts of research-based consumer education or intervention are welcome.
The scope of Beverages includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- beverage research and development, sensory quality and acceptance of beverages
- beverage consumption and beverage industry
- beverage manufacturing, quality control and preservation
- sugar-sweetened beverages and human health
- nutritional aspects of beverages, health drinks and functional beverages
- alcoholic beverages
- sports drinks and energy drinks
- soft drinks
- fruit and vegetable drinks
- coffee and tea
- milk beverages
- bottled and packaged waters
- safety of beverages
- research-based public policy related to beverage use and consumption
- beverages product development of innovative products that meet specific consumer needs
- marketing, distribution and retail sales of beverage products
- beverages as meal replacements and liquid food products
- beverages for special medical needs
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Beverages is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Beverages will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
For further MDPI contacts, see here.