Water (ISSN 2073-4441) is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal on water science and technology, including the ecology and management of water resources. It mainly publishes research articles, reviews and short communications and there is no restriction on the length of the papers. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles.
There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas are welcomed
- ecology of water resources including groundwater
- monitoring, remediation and protection of water resources
- planning and management of water resources and water provision
- water pollution, wastewater and water treatment
- water and health issues
- degradation of aquatic ecosystems
- aquatic ecosystems maintenance and preservation
- unsustainable patterns of water consumption and use
- sustainable use of water resources
- water efficiency including water footprint and virtual water calculations
- development and realization of national and international policies on water
- changing patterns of water consumption and use
- physics, chemistry and biology of water
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Water is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to:
MDPI AGReceived books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Water will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.