Special Issue "Advances in Nuclear Energy"
A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2011)
Prof. Dr. Tatjana Jevremovic
College of Engineering, The University of Utah, 2298 MEB, 50 South Central Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
The special issue "Advances in Nuclear Energy" is devoted to new developments and advanced concepts in the nuclear energy and applications. In recent years of nuclear renaissance the articles of particular interest should deal with advanced nuclear energy concepts, new research in the areas of nuclear energy development and deployment, and specific areas such as: advanced computational approaches with advanced visualizations in nuclear simulations, the use of numerical models in construction, siting and operation as well as design of nuclear power plants, transition from research to power nuclear reactors for model-scaling and simulation tools benchmarking, inventions in the areas of new materials for prolonging the life of current nuclear power plants and reducing the volume of low-level radioactive waste, and nuclear forensics of interest to nuclear fuel cycle. Specific areas of interest are detailed below.
Prof. Dr. Tatjana Jevremovic
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed Open Access monthly journal published by MDPI.
- advanced numerical modeling related to nuclear power reactor performances: advanced computational approaches with advanced visualizations
- advanced construction techniques: numerical models in construction, siting, operation and design of nuclear power plants
- model-scaling and benchmark tests for numerical modeling of nuclear power plants with particular interest in using research reactors
- innovations in the areas of materials with particular focus on materials for prolonged life of current nuclear power plants and reduced volume of low-level radioactive waste
- nuclear forensics of interest to nuclear fuel cycle
- novel solutions to global issues inclusive of local and global energy distribution, and application and role of nuclear energy
Article: Traveling Wave Reactor and Condition of Existence of Nuclear Burning Soliton-Like Wave in Neutron-Multiplying Media
Energies 2011, 4(9), 1337-1361; doi:10.3390/en4091337
Received: 16 June 2011; in revised form: 1 August 2011 / Accepted: 2 August 2011 / Published: 9 September 2011| Download PDF Full-text (1605 KB)
Article: Output Feedback Dissipation Control for the Power-Level of Modular High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactors
Energies 2011, 4(11), 1858-1879; doi:10.3390/en4111858
Received: 8 August 2011; in revised form: 20 October 2011 / Accepted: 20 October 2011 / Published: 1 November 2011| Download PDF Full-text (590 KB)
Last update: 5 October 2012