Special Issue "Advances in Nuclear Energy"
A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2011)
The Special Issue "Advances in Nuclear Energy" is devoted to new developments and advanced concepts in the nuclear energy and applications. In recent years of nuclear renaissance the articles of particular interest should deal with advanced nuclear energy concepts, new research in the areas of nuclear energy development and deployment, and specific areas such as: advanced computational approaches with advanced visualizations in nuclear simulations, the use of numerical models in construction, siting and operation as well as design of nuclear power plants, transition from research to power nuclear reactors for model-scaling and simulation tools benchmarking, inventions in the areas of new materials for prolonging the life of current nuclear power plants and reducing the volume of low-level radioactive waste, and nuclear forensics of interest to nuclear fuel cycle. Specific areas of interest are detailed below.
Prof. Dr. Tatjana Jevremovic
- advanced numerical modeling related to nuclear power reactor performances: advanced computational approaches with advanced visualizations
- advanced construction techniques: numerical models in construction, siting, operation and design of nuclear power plants
- model-scaling and benchmark tests for numerical modeling of nuclear power plants with particular interest in using research reactors
- innovations in the areas of materials with particular focus on materials for prolonged life of current nuclear power plants and reduced volume of low-level radioactive waste
- nuclear forensics of interest to nuclear fuel cycle
- novel solutions to global issues inclusive of local and global energy distribution, and application and role of nuclear energy