Travel Award 2018
We are pleased to announce that C will be launching a Travel Award for postdocs and PhD students in carbon-related research fields. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the C Editorial Board.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows or PhD students involved in carbon related areas
- Applicants will present their research (oral presentation or poster) at a conference from July 2018 to June 2019.
Required Application Documents:
- The conference that the candidate plans to attend and the abstract that will be submitted.
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications.
- Justification letter describing the focus of the candidate’s research (max. 800 words).
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s mentor.
The award will consist of 800 CHF and a certificate. Please apply by clicking the button above. The winner will be announced on the homepage of C in June 2018.
Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of C, I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 C Travel Award.
The award was granted to Dr. Stefano Cinti, a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy, who works in the field of analytical chemistry. His current research centers on the field of nanobiosensing systems, in general, and in particular designing printed electrochemical biosensors and paper-based sensing technologies for diagnostics and other applications.
We congratulate him on his excellent work and would further like to thank all applicants for their interesting and high quality contributions. We also wish to thank the Selection Committee members, Drs. Camélia Matei Ghimbeu, Enrico Andreoli, I. Francis Cheng and Jandro L. Abot, for their evaluation of the candidates.
Dr. Craig E. Banks