Special Issue "Data Mining in Multi-Core, Many-Core and Cloud Era"
A special issue of Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2010)
In recent years, multi-core and many-core architectures have become the only means for scaling performance. This development, however,
has lead to new challenges for application development. Another independent development has been related to cloud computing, where computing hardware and services can be accessed and paid for like utilities. Again, this is creating new challenges in developing scalable applications.
This special issue will focus on data mining in the multi-core, many-core and cloud era. Specific topics of interest include:
1. Data Mining algorithms for multi-core and many-core architectures, including GPUs.
2. Data Mining case studies on new emerging architectures.
3. Data Mining algorithms and implementation development with existing cloud infrastructures (including, but not limited to map-reduce and its variants).
4. Data Mining for optimizing and tuning applications on multi-cores and GPGPUs
5. Data Mining for resource provisioning and other performance optimizations in cloud environments.
Prof. Dr. Gagan Agrawal,