Special Issue "Data Mining in Multi-Core, Many-Core and Cloud Era"
A special issue of Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2010)
Prof. Dr. Gagan Agrawal
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
In recent years, multi-core and many-core architectures have become the only means for scaling performance. This development, however,
has lead to new challenges for application development. Another independent development has been related to cloud computing, where computing hardware and services can be accessed and paid for like utilities. Again, this is creating new challenges in developing scalable applications.
This special issue will focus on data mining in the multi-core, many-core and cloud era. Specific topics of interest include:
1. Data Mining algorithms for multi-core and many-core architectures, including GPUs.
2. Data Mining case studies on new emerging architectures.
3. Data Mining algorithms and implementation development with existing cloud infrastructures (including, but not limited to map-reduce and its variants).
4. Data Mining for optimizing and tuning applications on multi-cores and GPGPUs
5. Data Mining for resource provisioning and other performance optimizations in cloud environments.
Prof. Dr. Gagan Agrawal,
All papers should be submitted to email@example.com. To be published continuously until the deadline and papers will be listed together at the special issue website.
Submitted papers should not have been published nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Algorithms is an international peer-reviewed quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Article Processing Charges (APC) will be waived for well prepared manuscripts of invited papers. For the first three volumes of this new journal the APC are of 300 CHF (or 550 CHF per paper for those papers that require extensive additional formatting and/or English corrections).
Algorithms 2010, 3(1), 92-99; doi:10.3390/algor3010092
Received: 30 December 2009; in revised form: 24 January 2010 / Accepted: 28 January 2010 / Published: 23 February 2010| Download PDF Full-text (244 KB)
Last update: 4 February 2010