About Remote Sensing
Remote Sensing (ISSN 2072-4292) publishes regular research papers, reviews, letters and communications covering all aspects of the remote sensing process, from instrument design and signal processing to the retrieval of geophysical parameters and their application in geosciences. Concepts of novel remote sensors as well as comprehensive reviews (including comprehensive reviews on complete sensors products) may also be published in another MDPI journal Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220). Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish experimental, theoretical and computational results in as much detail as possible so that results can be easily reproduced. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are, in addition, three unique features of this Journal:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas are welcome
- Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- We also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- Multi-spectral and hyperspectral remote sensing
- Active and passive microwave remote sensing
- Lidar and laser scanning
- Geometric reconstruction
- Physical modeling and signatures
- Change detection
- Image processing and pattern recognition
- Data fusion and data assimilation
- Dedicated satellite missions
- Operational processing facilities
- Spaceborne, airborne and terrestrial platforms
- Remote sensing applications
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Remote Sensing is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Remote Sensing will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.