Website Terms and Conditions of UseStandard Terms and Conditions of Business of MDPI AG (pdf)
- Extend of the Terms and Conditions of Use. General Use of the websites mdpi.com, mdpi.org, mdpi.net, and all subdomains of these domains (hereinafter referred to as “website”) are subject to the following terms and conditions. By browsing, linking to, or making any other use of the website you agree to these terms and conditions, which form a binding contract between MDPI AG, registered at Kandererstrasse 25, 4057 Basel, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as “MDPI”) and you as the user (hereinafter referred to as “user”).
- Copyright of the Website and Website Content. Unless otherwise stated, the website and the website content are the property of MDPI. The copyright belongs to MDPI or its licensors. Unless explicitly indicated, and as described in §3 and §4 of these terms and conditions, the reproduction, redistribution, or collection of material from this website is prohibited. Permission to reproduce or redistribute parts of the website may be obtained by the user in written form from MDPI.
- Open Access License. Articles labeled as “Open Access” are licensed by its copyright holder to be further distributed or reused by the user subject to attribution and correct citation of the original source and to the limitations described in §4 of these terms and conditions.
- Limitations to the Open Access License. Some articles published on this website (especially articles labeled as “Review” or similar) may make use of copyrighted material for which the author(s) have obtained a reprint permission from the copyright holder. Usually such reprint permissions do not allow author(s) and/or MDPI to further license the copyrighted material. The licensing described in §3 of these terms and conditions are therefore not applicable to such kind of material enclosed within articles. It is the user’s responsibility to identify reusability of material provided on this website, for which he may directly enter in contact with the authors of an article.
- Website Access Restriction. MDPI reserves the right to block or to terminate the user’s access to the website at any time and without prior notice.
- Linking to the Website. The user may link to the website or to the content on the website provided that the linking does not imply any endorsement of any kind of MDPI. MDPI reserves the right to force the user to remove any link pointing to this website.
- Advertising. The website may contain advertising. MDPI does not endorse any responsibility of any kind for the content of the advertisement or sponsorship or the advertised product or service, which is the responsibility of the advertiser or sponsor, unless the advertised product or service is offered by MDPI.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. MDPI, THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE WEBISTE AND ITS CONTENT "AS IS" WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY WEB SITE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW SHALL MDPI, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS OR ANY OTHER PARTY, BE LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS, COST, CLAIM OR ANY EXPENSE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBISTE, ITS CONTENT AND INFORMATION, EVEN IF THE USER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use. MDPI reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by posting changes to this page of the website. The user will be considered to have accepted such changes in case the user should continue the use of the website after MDPI has published changes to this page of the website.
- Place of Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Swiss Law applicable at the place of jurisdiction of MDPI.
Basel, Switzerland, May 2008
Last updated 4 June 2010