Travel Awards 2018
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards for postdoctoral,
Ph.D. and Master’s researchers to attend an international conference of
their choice between July 2018 and 2019 June. The awards will consist
of 800 Swiss Francs each, and may be used for registration, travel, or
The awardee will be determined by an evaluation committee, chaired by
Prof. Guangwei Hu, and also including Mr. Anthony Watkinson, Ms.
Barbara Meyers Ford, Prof. Carol Tenopir, Prof. Jingfeng Xia.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Postdoctoral fellows, Ph.D. or Master’s students undertaking
2. They must present their own, original work as a poster or oral
presentation at the conference for which the travel award application is
Required Application Documents (as a PDF file):
1. Outline and theoretical framework of current work, how it fits within
the aims and scope of Publications, and how it will contribute to the
advancement of the research field to which it pertains (<2 pages).
2. CV, including a complete list of education, publications and
presentations (<10 pages).
3. The conference to be attended, a copy of the abstract and acceptance
letter or anticipated date of decision.
4. A letter of recommendation from their supervisor, research director or
department head (1 page).
There is no need to fill out an official form nor to have a prior submission or publication in
Publications. The awardees should explicitly and formally acknowledge the travel award in
their presentation at the conference. Any questions about the Travel Award can be directed
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 May 2018. The winners will
be announced by the end of June 2018.