Plants (ISSN 2223-7747), is an international and multidisciplinary scientific open access journal that covers all key areas of plant science. It publishes review articles, regular research articles, communications, and short notes in the fields of structural, functional and experimental botany. In addition to fundamental disciplines such as morphology, systematics, physiology and ecology of plants, the journal welcomes all types of articles in the field of applied plant science.
The main aim of our journal is to encourage scientists and research groups to publish theoretical and experimental results of research in all fundamental and applied fields of plant science. The full experimental procedure must be provided so that the results can be reproduced.There is no limitation on the length of articles for this journal.
Journal covers the following interest areas and sub-areas in plant science:
- plant cytology and histology
- plant anatomy and morphology
- systematics, taxonomy and classification
- plant physiology and ecophysiology
- plant genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry
- ecology and biogeography of plants
- evolutionary biology, plant phylogeny and paleobotany
- plant diversity and conservation biology
- experimental and applied plant science: new methods in experimental botany; biology of medicinal plants; ethnobotany; biological effects of active substances from plants; phytomedicine; new plant products, active substances and secondary metabolites; plant drug development; agricultural plants; plants derived food; horticultural plants; phytopathology; plant biotechnology; interactions between plants and other organisms; the importance of plants in the environment; the use of plants in biological control; crop protection and pesticides
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Plants is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI enforces a rigorous peer-review process that adopts strict ethical policies and standards to ensure that we contribute high-quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, etc., occasionally arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to Dr. Shu-Kun Lin, MDPI AG, Kandererstrasse 25, CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland. Received books will be listed first as "Books Received", then offered to the scholarly community for preparing reviews.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Plants will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.