Medicines (ISSN 2305-6320) is an international open access scientific journal that covers all kinds of medicine including, but not limited to traditional, conventional established and emerging treatments. It publishes original research papers, case reports and systematic reviews.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. There are, in addition, unique
features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed
- computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedures, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
The main topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- History of medicine; medicine and philosophy.
- Proven or evidence-based non-conventional (traditional, alternative, complementary or integrative) medicines, acupuncture or ethno-medicines, natural product-based medicines,
- Conventional medicine: both established and emerging natural product-based therapeutic agents and treatments.
Therefore, we invite investigators and researchers to submit original research articles as well as review articles associated with medicine. We are particularly interested in articles dealing with eastern/oriental medicine and its possible contributions to western medicine—and vice versa.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Medicines is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Medicines will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Haidian Office, Aerospace Cooperation Building, 8th Floor, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing 100190, China
Tel. +86 10 6280 0830
For further MDPI contacts, see here.