About Journal of Personalized Medicine
Journal of Personalized Medicine (JPM; ISSN 2075-4426) is an international, open access journal aimed at bringing all aspects of personalized medicine to one platform. JPM publishes cutting edge, innovative preclinical and translational scientific research and technologies related to personalized medicine (e.g., pharmacogenomics/proteomics, systems biology). JPM recognizes that personalized medicine—the assessment of genetic, environmental and host factors that cause variability of individuals—is a challenging, transdisciplinary topic that requires discussions from a range of experts. For a comprehensive perspective of personalized medicine, JPM aims to integrate expertise from the molecular and translational sciences, therapeutics and diagnostics, as well as discussions of regulatory, social, ethical and policy aspects. We provide a forum to bring together academic and clinical researchers, biotechnology, diagnostic and pharmaceutical companies, health professionals, regulatory and ethical experts, and government and regulatory authorities.
Unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding original research and ideas will be particularly welcomed. JPM also accepts reviews, clinical studies and case reports, communications, and short notes.
- computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- There is no limit to publication length: our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible.
Topics of interest with a view towards personalized medicine include (but are not limited to) the following:
- ‘omics technologies (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, interferomics).
- next-generation sequencing developments and genome-wide association studies
- biomarker research, development and application
- drug target discovery and development
- personalized health informatics (data mining, diagnosis, analysis)
- regulatory environments
- legal and social consequences of personalized medicine
- personalization of health interventions for improved safety, efficacy and sustainability. (e.g., drug therapy, nutrition) and variability in environment
- biochip/microarray technologies
- genetic testing, disease screening and molecular diagnostics for risk factors, preventative treatment and targeted therapy, and integration with therapy
- genetics and the biochemistry and physiology of drug action, uptake and metabolism; information for drug selection and dosage
- genetics based vaccine development
- genetics-based clinical trials methodology
- prediction-based drug safety; understanding adverse drug reactions
- bioinformatics (databases, data mining, modeling and simulation, signal/image analysis)
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
JPM is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in JPM will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Assistant Managing Editor
MDPI Tongzhou Office, Room 2207, Jincheng Center, No. 21 Cuijingbeili, Tongzhou District, Beijing 101101, China
Tel. +86 10 81521170; Fax: +86 10 59011089
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.