Travel Award 2018
As Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Fungi, I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2018 JoF Travel Award, which was highly competitive with 168 applications.
The Award was granted to Dr. Rebecca Drummond, visiting post-doctoral fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Michail Lionakis at the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, MD, USA). Dr. Drummond’s research deals with complex immunological pathways that protect the brain from fungal infection via neutrophil recruitment.
The travel award provides 800 Swiss Francs to attend a conference related to medical mycology in 2018. Congratulations to the winner of this very competitive travel award.
David S. Perlin, Ph.D.
Executive Director and Professor
Public Health Research Institute & Rutgers Regional
Biocontainment Laboratory at the International Center for Public Health New Jersey Medical School-Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, USA
Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for PhD graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows, to attend a conference related to mycology research in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. David S. Perlin
Candidates’ Requirements:1. Applicants must be PhD graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows involved in mycology research.
2. Applicants will attend an international conference related to mycology research in 2018 and present their research (poster or oral presentation) during the event.
3. Required Application Documents:
- — Curriculum Vitae, including a complete list of publications.
- Abstract of current and future work that will be presented at the conference (around 500 words).
- Justification letter indicating the conference that the applicant wishes to attend, costs, and institutional support that will be provided.
- Recommendation letter from his/her mentor or PI.
- After the meeting, the awardee is requested to provide a copy of the page in the conference program showing the abstract/presentation and meeting badge that verifies his/her attendance.
The Award will consist of 800 CHF and an Award Certificate. The fees can be used for registration, travel, or accommodation.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 15 December 2017. The winners will be announced by the end of January 2018.