Young Investigator Award 2018 (1,000 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that the “2018 Insects Young Investigator Award” is now open. All nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee led by the
Prof. Dr. Brian T. Forschler
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Hold an earned Ph.D. degree.
- Be 35 years age or under (as of 31 December 2018)
- Ground-breaking research conducted and a significant contribution made to the advancement of entomological research.
- Priority will be given to applicants who publish papers in Insects in 2018.
List of Documents for Application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including an updated publication list and a list of the researcher’s research grants.
- Detailed 2018 publication list including authors, title and journal.
- List of conferences the candidate attended in 2018 and the research results presented.
- Scanned copy of doctorate certificate.
- Signed nomination letters from two established senior scientists.
The award will consist of:
- 1000 Swiss Francs
- An offer to publish a paper free of charge without a fixed deadline in Insects after peer review.
- An engraved plaque.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 31 December 2018. The winner will be announced by February 2019.
Travel Awards 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of Insects, I am pleased to announce the two awardees of the Insects 2017 graduate student/postdoctoral associate travel awards. Dr. Carl Nick Keizer is a postdoctoral fellow at Rice University who will be attending the 2017 Animal Behavior Society Annual meeting in Toronto, Canada and Dr. Charlene Jamison-Scheepers, a postdoctoral fellow at Monash University will be attending the 2017 Ecological Society of America Annual meeting in Portland, USA. We had over 30 very impressive applications and we congratulate our recipients. More information on their programs and the award can be found at the following websites:
The competition for the 2018 Insects Graduate Student/Post-Doc Travel Award will be opened in early September 2017. Please check www.mdpi.com/journal/insects and follow us @Insects_MDPI for more information closer to this date.