Bioactives and Nutraceuticals
A section of International Journal of Molecular Sciences (ISSN 1422-0067).
This section of IJMS focuses on publishing high-quality manuscripts that report on the novel research findings on bioactive compounds and nutraceutical products. The focus is not only on the chemical composition of these ingredients, but, more specifically, in describing their mechanism of action in improving human nutrition. This includes, but is not limited to: the discovery of novel bioactive natural products, the role of these products in manipulating food structure and hence potential physiological mediation for human nutrition, the use of in vitro and in vivo bioactivity research using cell lines and animal models as exemplars of human physiology. We welcome submissions and studies on nutritional applications using biological, chemical, cellular, molecular, and immunological methods.
bioactive; nutraceutical; nutrient; health; diet; functional food; obesity; diabetes; cancer; cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases; vitamins; proteins; peptides; polysaccharides; carotenoids; polyphenols; phytosterols and isoflavones; saponins; phytic acid; probiotics; prebiotics; enzymes; flavonoids; caffeine; carnitine; choline; creatine; dithiolthiones; phytoestrogens; glucosinolates, etc.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Analytical Techniques in Plant and Food Analysis (Deadline: 31 January 2017)
- Anthocyanins (Deadline: 31 December 2016)
- Bioactive Phytochemicals and Functional Food Ingredients in Fruits and Vegetables 2016 (Deadline: 31 October 2016)
- Lipidomics and Glycomics: New Advances in Food Science and Nutrition (Deadline: 30 September 2016)
- Macro- and Micro-nutrient Antioxidants (Deadline: 31 May 2016)
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Agents (Deadline: 31 January 2017)
- New Foodomics Approaches in Food Science (Deadline: 30 November 2016)
- Plant-Derived Pharmaceuticals by Molecular Farming 2016 (Deadline: 30 August 2016)
- The Mechanism of Action of Food Components in Disease Prevention (Deadline: 30 June 2016)
- Tocopherols and Tocotrienols: Metabolism and Properties (Deadline: 31 July 2016)
Last update: 26 October 2015