Travel Award 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards (800 Swiss Francs each) for postdocs to attend a conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the field.
1. Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows who are involved in the field of geographic information science and technology (within 5 years of receiving PhD).
2. The candidate will attend an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation or poster required).
3. Applicants are asked to submit the following documents:
- Outline of current and future work (500 words).
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference you plan to attend and the oral or poster abstract that will be presented.
- A letter of recommendation from a senior scientist.
4. Awardees are asked to acknowledge the support from the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information in their presentations and the presentations/posters related to the acknowledgement should be proofed by the Editorial Office.
5. Awardees need to provide a copy of their PhD diploma.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 30 January 2018. The winners will be announced on the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information website by the end of March 2018.
Travel Award 2017
The 2017 IJGI Travel Award goes to Dr. Hongchao Fan of the GIScience Research Group, Institute of Geography, University of Heidelberg, Germany. Dr. Fan’s research focuses on volunteered geographic information and data quality. With the help of this grant, he will present findings of a recently granted research project at the International Cartographic Conference in Washington, DC, in July 2017.
We would like to thank the Selection Committee members Tao Cheng, Bin Jiang, Marguerite Madden and Sisi Zlatanova for their evaluation of candidates.