A section of Genes (ISSN 2073-4425).
The section “Molecular Genetics and Genomics” publishes papers of wide interest and broad significance in all aspects of molecular genetics and genomics immediately relevant to a broad genetics audience. The focus of the section is on research papers addressing fundamental questions dealing with gene discovery, regulation, expression and function of genes, and genome characterization. Mutation reports are considered when they are of demonstrated functional significance and represent documentation of mutations in newly identified genes.
Topics within the scope of this section include, but are not limited to:
- Chromosome organization, structure and function; chromatin remodeling and dynamics, chromosomal maintenance elements, nucleosome modification, dosage compensation
- Characterization of genomes/important genomic regions
- DNA replication, repair, recombination, mobile DNA, mitochondrial DNA
- Epigenetics, DNA methylation, histone modification, histone code
- RNA biology, transcription and splicing, coding and non-coding RNA analysis, RNA localization, translation and catalysis by RNA
- Cell signaling, signal transduction, cell cycle, cell death, stem cells
- Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression
- Developmental genetics
- Structural biology
- Genetic toxicology and environmental mutagenesis
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Chromosome Replication and Genome Integrity (Deadline: 31 October 2018)
- Nucleic Acid Dynamics and Structure (Deadline: 31 July 2018)