Travel Award 2018
Dear Colleagues, Dear Researchers,
For the Fibers Travel Award 2018, we received a total of 47 applications from all over the world, of a very high quality. Together with a scientific evaluation committee of experts, we selected the following exceptional applicant as the winner of the Fibers Travel Award 2018:
Dr. Darshil Upendra Shah, a postdoctoral research fellow at Centre for Natural Material Innovation, Department of Architecture, University of Cambridge, 1 Scroope Terrace, Cambridge CB2 1PX, UK.
The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs toward Dr. Shah attending an academic conference of his choice in 2018.
I would like to congratulate Dr. Shah on behalf of the evaluation committee and the Fibers editorial team and thank all candidates for their most interesting applications!
Prof. Dr. Stephen C. Bondy
Travel Award 2018
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for postdoctoral students and PhD students to attend a conference in 2018. The award will consist of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs) for the winner.
The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Fibers, Prof. Dr. Stephen C. Bondy.
1. Postdoctoral fellows (received within the last five years) or PhD students performing research in the fibers field.
2. The candidate plans to attend an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation of poster).
3. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Outline of current and future work, including an explanation of how the applicant will benefit from presenting their work at the conference (500 words).
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a complete list of publications.
- An abstract for the talk or poster they intend to present at the conference (give the conference name and its website). Also note any funding from grants or travel budget.
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor or PI, with a statement indicating the post-docs eligibility.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 15 December 2017 or any questions you may have. The winner will be announced at the beginning of 2018.