Travel Awards 2018
We are inviting applications for two Travel Awards (800 Swiss Francs each) for postdoctoral fellows or PhD students to attend an international conference of their choice between 1 March and 30 November 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Mostafa Bassiouni
- The applicant must be a PhD student (within 4 years of receiving the PhD degree) or a postdoctoral fellow.
- The candidate will attend an international conference between 1 March and 30 November 2018 (oral presentation or poster). Preference will be given to oral presentations accompanied by a published paper in the conference proceedings.
- Awardees are asked to acknowledge support from the journal Electronics in their published papers or posters.
Applicants should provide:
- The applicant’s oral or poster abstract for the conference (list the conference name and its website).
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- A justification letter (max. 500 words) describing the focus of their research, and what benefits the applicant could get from attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation (max. 400 words) from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills all requirements.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 31 December 2017. The winners will be announced on the Electronics website by the end of February 2018.