Travel Award 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for PhD students to attend a conference related to mathematics, mathematical logic, mathematical physics research. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Axioms, Prof. Dr. Humberto Bustince.
- Applicants must be PhD students involved in the research field of mathematics, mathematical logic or mathematical physics
- Applicants will present their research (oral presentation or poster) at a conference from September 2018 to August 2019.
Required Application Documents:
- CV, including a complete list of publications
- Outline of current and planned future research
- The conference you will attend and the abstract that will be presented (list the conference name and its website)
- Recommendation letter from the supervisor, research director or department head which also confirms the applicant’s status as PhD student.
The winner will receive 800 Swiss Francs and an award certificate. The fees can be used for registration, travel or accommodation. Welcome to submit your application and share this announcement with your PhD fellows.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 30 May 2018. The winner will be announced in July 2018.
Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of the open access journal Axioms. I am pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Axioms Travel Awards.
Travel Award is granted to Hao Shen, a postdoctoral student in Department of Mathematics at Columbia University.
Hao Shen has been working in the field of stochastic partial differential equations. His recent research mainly focuses on renormalization group methods. He will give a talk about “A central limit theorem for the KPZ equation” at the 2018 IMS Annual Meeting / 12th International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics.
Prof. Humberto Bustince