Antioxidants (ISSN 2076-3921), provides an advanced forum for studies related to the science and technology of antioxidants. It publishes research papers, reviews and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation or experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary electronic material.
This journal focuses on new insight and ideas related to antioxidants.
The scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- evaluation of in vivo and in vitro antioxidant capacity
- antioxidant metabolism in biological systems
- elucidation of antioxidant mechanisms
- pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of natural antioxidants
- innovative techniques of antioxidant delivery and protocols for the extraction, isolation, structural characterization of new natural antioxidants
- natural or synthetic antioxidants and their relevance to health and disease
- relationships between antioxidant properties and human health promotion
- dietary antioxidants
- safe antioxidant preservatives for foods, fodder and cosmetic formulations
- industrial uses for preventing the oxidative degradation of polymers such as rubbers, plastics and adhesives
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Antioxidants is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Antioxidants will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Wuhan Office, No.6 Jingan Road, 5.5 Creative Industry Park, Floor 26th, 430064 Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Tel. +86 27 8780 8658
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.