Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of Antibiotics, I am pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Antibiotics Travel Awards. The Evaluation Committee were very impressed with the high level of work presented and, after careful consideration, the two Travel Awards have been granted to Dr. Bimal Jana, a postdoctoral fellow at Ross University, Basseterre, St. Kitts, for his work on identifying chromosomal non-essential genes that are essential for MDR Klebsiella pneumoniae ST258 under the presence of therapeutically relevant concentrations of antimicrobial; and to Vera Pader, a Ph.D. student at Imperial College London, London, UK, working on the link between antibiotic resistance and virulence in Staphylococcus aureus.
The awards consist of 800 Swiss Francs each, and are available for the winners to use for attendance and participation in any academic conferences in 2017.
It is also our pleasure to announce that as part of the reward, Antibiotics will offer the Top 35 candidates the opportunity to publish a paper with the publication fees waived. We would like to thank all applicants for their participation and interest in our journal.
We would also like to deliver our great thanks to the Evaluation Committee members, Drs. Andrei L. Gartel, Gary A. Strobel, Gian Maria Rossolini, Jeffrey Lipman, Leonard Amaral, Morten Lindbæk, Nora Vazquez-Laslop, Patrice Courvalin, William M. Shafer and Ying Zhang, for their comprehensive evaluation of candidates.
Prof. Dr. Christopher C. Butler
Travel Award 2016
We are inviting applications for a Travel Award for doctoral and postdoctoral students to attend a conference of their choice. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee Chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Christopher C. Butler.
- Applicants must be PhD students or postdoctoral fellows and be involved in an aspect of antibiotic related study. Applicants are welcome from a range of disciplines, including from basic and molecular sciences through to clinical, epidemiological and relevant social sciences.
- Successful applicants will attend an international conference in 2017 to present their research (oral or poster presentation).
- An abstract describing the work they propose presenting
- A brief Curriculum Vitae
- Justification letter indicating the conference the applicant wishes to attend
- Letter of support from a mentor
The Award will consist of 800 CHF / 810 USD / 720 EUR.
Please apply by click the button above before 30 September 2016. Awardees will be announced by the end of December 2016.