Geoheritage and Geotourism Resources: Education, Recreation, Sustainability II
- ISBN978-3-7258-0255-5 (Hardback)
- ISBN978-3-7258-0256-2 (PDF)
This book is a reprint of the Special Issue Geoheritage and Geotourism Resources: Education, Recreation, Sustainability II that was published in
In recent years, there has been a growing interest in the geoenvironment, with concepts like "geosites", "geoparks", and "geodiversity" becoming integral to the local economic and cultural development of various areas. Globally recognized significant geosites benefit from exchanges of information, skills, experience, and personnel within the geopark community. Geotourism, a form of tourism focused on understanding the geological features of visited areas, plays a crucial role, encompassing both natural and human resources. The core of geoparks lies in geoeducation, as they serve as ideal locations for educational activities.
This volume aims to compile a collection of papers highlighting the importance of geoeducation in promoting and preserving geological heritage and geoethical values. Beyond research articles covering various geological heritage approaches, this volume zooms in on new cases, emphasizes current challenges and knowledge gaps, and includes long-term review articles. This Special Issue addresses topics such as the following:
- Scientific studies of geoheritage sites, showcasing geosites across different geological and geomorphological contexts.
- Techniques for enhancing geoheritage.
- The significance of geoheritage in human life.
- Geosciences education for sustainability.
- Educational programs fostering geoeducation.
- Sustainable geotourism, shedding light on issues related to geological heritage management.
- The sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and resources.
- The valorization of geoheritage for sustainable and innovative tourism development.