Symmetry (ISSN 2073-8994), an international and interdisciplinary scientific journal, publishes reviews, regular research papers and short notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided, so that results can be reproduced. There are in addition three unique features:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed.
- Comments on any related papers published in this journal and other journals can be published as short letters.
- Electronic files regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, will be deposited as supplementary material.
- Physics: conservation laws, Noether's theorem, spatial parity, charge parity, time parity, G-parity, standard model, internal symmetry, Lorentz symmetry, transformations, invariance, conservation, local and global symmetries, laws and symmetry, symmetry breaking, color symmetry, periodic and quasiperiodic crystals, time-reversal symmetry breaking, symmetry and complexity, Curie-Rosen symmetry principles, constants, biophysics, entropy, and indistinguishability.
- Chemistry: crystal and crystallography; chiral molecules, chiral resolution and asymmetric synthesis, asymmetric induction, chiral auxiliaries and chiral catalysts, stereochemistry, diastereomers, stereogenic, stereoisomers (enantiomers, atropisomers, diastereomers), stability, mixing, and phase separation.
- Biology: symmetry in biology, radial symmetry (tetramerism, pentamerism, etc.), diversity, preservation, sustainability, morphology, origin of life, and molecular evolution (homochirality).
- Mathematics: invariance, transformation, group theory, Lie groups, chirality, achiral or amphichiral, helix and Möbius strip, knot theory, graph theory, isometry, plane of symmetry, skewness, vertex algebra, asymmetry, dissymmetry, nonsymmetry and antisymmetry, supergroups and nonlinear algebraic structures, supersymmetry and supergravity, strings and branes, integrability and geometry, information theory, Felix Klein's Erlangen Program, and continuous symmetry.
- Computer Science, Theory and Methods: computer-aided design, computational geometry, computer graphics, visualization, image compression, data compression, pattern recognition, diversity, similarity, and conservation and sustainability.
- Symmetry and other scientific disciplines and engineering.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Symmetry is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Symmetry will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Haidian Office, Aerospace Cooperation Building, 8th Floor, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing 100190, China
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.