Travel Awards 2018 (800 CHF)
We are inviting application for two Travel Awards for Postdoctoral fellows and PhD students to attend a conference in 2018. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Andrew Millington.
1. Applicants must be Postdoctoral fellows or PhD students involved in land systems science.
2. Applicants will attend an international conference in 2018 (oral presentation or poster).
3. Awardees are asked to acknowledge support from the journal Land in their presentation/poster.
Applicants Are Required to Submit the Following Documents:
1. Outline of current and future work (500 words).
2. CV, including a complete list of publications.
3. The conference you plan to attend and the oral or poster abstract that will be presented.
4. A letter of recommendation from a supervisor or PI (Principal Investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfills requirements.
The award will consist of 800 CHF (Swiss Francs) each.
Please apply by clicking the button above before 28 February 2018. The winner will be announced on the Land website by 15 March 2018.
Travel Award 2017
The Travel Award has been granted to Mr. Michael Lathuillière, a Ph.D. candidate at the Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
Mr. Michael Lathuillière focuses his research on land and water management in Southern Amazonia (Brazil) where soybean and pasture have been expanding since the 1990s. The objective of his Ph.D. research is to quantify how land use change has affected the regional water cycle by focusing on the transfer of water vapor to the atmosphere. He plans to complement this research with an analysis of the carbon cycle with the intention of quantifying the effects of regional agricultural expansion and intensification on land and water use, as well as carbon sequestration and emissions.