A section of Information (ISSN 2078-2489).
This section focuses on original and new research work in the area of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is receiving very high attention in many real-world application areas nowadays and it is probably on its way to becoming a build-in base technology in our digital life. From this perspective, papers submitted should have a strong application perspective rather than purely theoretical goals. The scope of the work considered in this section is broad and interdisciplinary with a focus on data-driven and knowledge-based approaches, as well as hybrid techniques to real-world problems. Reports on novel and innovative AI algorithms are of particular interest, as are their in-depth analyses, experiments and evaluation.
Specific subfields covered by this section include AI algorithms and methods, machine learning, deep learning, combinations of data-driven and rule-based methods, natural language processing, big data text analytics, information extraction, question answering, cognitive robotics, human–computer interaction, multimedia and multimodal AI technologies, image processing and computer vision.
Prof. Dr. Günter Neumann
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- AI for Digital Humanities (Deadline: 30 June 2018)
- Ambient Intelligence Environments (Deadline: 30 September 2018)
- Context Awareness (Deadline: 15 January 2018)
- Interactive Systems: Problems of Human-Computer Interactions (Deadline: 31 December 2017)
- Love & Hate in the Time of Social Media and Social Networks (Deadline: 15 January 2018)
- Probabilistic Causal Modelling in Intelligent Systems (Deadline: 1 June 2018)
- ROBOETHICS (Deadline: 31 March 2018)
- Towards the Multilingual Web of Data (Deadline: 31 January 2018)