Plant Genetics and Genomics
A section of Genes (ISSN 2073-4425).
The section “Plant Genetics and Genomics” aims to publish articles related to genes and genomes in plants as well as algae. We welcome submissions that focus on genes and genomes, their function, organization and evolution; from molecular genetic characterization to population genetics and phylogenomics. We also accept submissions that apply genetic approaches in order to deal with the increasing demand of crop production or that aim to increase the nutritional/nutraceutical value of a plant.
Topics within the scope of this section include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanisms of plant gene regulation
- Phylogenomics and evolutionary plant genetics
- Gene silencing and miRNAs
- Epigenetics and epigenomics
- Chromatin organization
- Plastid genomic studies
- Genetic engineering for crop production
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Genetic Regulation of Circadian Rhythm in Plants (Deadline: 15 October 2018)
- Genomics of Plant Domestication and Crop Evolution (Deadline: 3 September 2018)
- Plant Metabolic Engineering of High Value Bioactive Products (Deadline: 31 March 2018)