Forests (ISSN 1999-4907) is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal of forestry and forest ecology. It publishes research papers, short communications and review papers. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles.
There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- computed data or files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material
- we also accept manuscripts communicating to a broader audience with regard to research projects financed with public funds
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas are welcomed
- forest ecology, management, and restoration
- forest economics, natural resource policy and planning
- silvicultural systems
- forest entomology, forest pathology
- forest ecophysiology and biology
- forest genetics, tree breeding and biotechnology
- climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation in forests
- forest biomass, bioenergy, and carbon sequestration
- forest engineering
- tropical forests and management
- forest inventory, quantitative methods, and remote sensing
- forest soil management
- forest simulation modeling
- forest and nature based recreation
- wildland fire science and management
- wood properties
- human dimensions
- urban forests
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Forests is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Forests will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com. For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Haidian Office, Aerospace Cooperation Building, 8th Floor, No.99 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing 100190, China
Tel. +86 10 6280 0830
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.