Fishes is an international, open access journal with a main focus on fishes’ and aquatic organisms’ research. Fishes will provide a forum for scholars to publish original ideas and their latest achievements regarding their area of research. Research articles, reviews, communications, short notes, book reviews, comments, opinion papers, communications and case reports are all welcome in our journal.
Fishes is a multidisciplinary open access journal focusing on reports of original research and critical reviews and synthesis from the broad area of fishes and aquatic life sciences. The ultimate objective of Fishes is to facilitate the discovery of connections between research areas, advancing science and filling knowledge gaps, and providing solutions for all present and future issues encountered in the sector of aquatic life sciences. Fishes is a central resource and essential reference point for all of those interested in aquatic life science and aquatic animals (fishes, molluscs and crustaceans, both fresh water and marine). Fishes focuses on a variety of areas, including, amongst others, the following areas:
Biology and Ecology of Aquatic Animals:
- Aquatic animal behaviour;
- Aquatic toxicology and pollution;
- Biology and biochemistry;
- Conservation and exploitation of fishes, molluscs and crustaceans;
- Diseases, parasitology and immunology;
- Distribution, ecology and migration;
- Ecological and evolutionary issues;
- Genetics and population genetics;
- Physiology and molecular biology
- Population studies and reproduction;
- Taxonomy, anatomy, histology and morphology.
Fisheries and Aquaculture:
- Aquatic biotechnologies;
- Disease prevention and treatment;
- Environment interactions;
- Farming and fishing technologies and economics;
- Fisheries management;
- Genetic breeding and development;
- Healthy and ecological farming technology;
- Human uses of aquatic resources;
- Nutrition and aquaculture feed;
- Physiology and biochemistries;
- Policies, legislations, public perceptions and ethical issues;
- Reproduction and health;
- Resource assessment and protection;
- Stock assessment and modelling;
- Seafood chemistry, nutrition and safety;
- Seafood sustainability, certification and traceability.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Fishes is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Fishes will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
MDPI Barcelona Office, Avenida Madrid 95, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Tel. +34 93 639 7662
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.