Entropy (ISSN 1099-4300), an international and interdisciplinary journal of entropy and information studies, publishes reviews, regular research papers and short notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish as much as possible their theoretical and experimental details. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. If there are computation and the experiment, the details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. There are in addition three unique features:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcome.
- Comments on any related papers published in this journal and other journals can be published as short letters.
- Electronic files regarding the full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, will be deposited as supplementary material.
- general aspects of entropy and information concepts as used in statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, etc.
- the second law of thermodynamics
- information theory
- system theory and cybernetics
- artificial intelligence, neural networks, complex systems, man-machine interfaces, self-organization theories, systems therapy
- pattern recognition
- chaos, complexity, self-organization, symmetry breaking, stability, reversibility and spontaneity
- quantitative relations of entropy (information loss) and other concepts (e.g., symmetry, similarity, orderliness, simplicity and complexity)
- molecular evolution, biological evolution and the evolution of the universe
- application of entropy and information studies in any natural and social sciences
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Entropy is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to Dr. Shu-Kun Lin, MDPI AG, Kandererstrasse 25, CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland. Received books will be listed first as "Books Received", then offered to the scholarly community for preparing reviews.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Entropy will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.