Cells Travel Award 2019 (500 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2019 Cells Travel Award. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Cells: Dr. Alexander E. Kalyuzhny.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral fellows or PhD students involved in cell/molecular biology or biophysics research.
- Applicants will attend an international conference (from January 2019 to December 2019) on cell biology or related disciplines (making either an oral presentation, poster, or both).
- Eligible applicants can be from academic, government and biotech/pharma labs.
Required application documents:
- Outline of current and planned future research.
- CV, including a complete list of publications.
- The conference you will attend and the abstract that will be presented (list the conference name and its website).
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director or department head which also confirms the applicant’s status as a postdoc/PhD student.
The Awards will consist of 500 Swiss Francs.
Please send the application to Ms. Bei Zhang email@example.com by 1 October 2018. The winners will be announced on the website of Cells by 1 December 2018.
Cells Young Investigator Award 2018 (2,000 CHF)
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2018 Cells Young Investigator Award. The nominations and applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Cells: Dr. Alexander E. Kalyuzhny.
- Maximum 40 years of age and no more than 8 years after receiving Ph.D.
- Significant contribution to the advancement/research of cell biology, molecular biology and biophysics research fields.
- Eligible applicants can be from an academic, governmental or biotech/pharma laboratories.
Required Application Documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including a publication list and a list of research grants.
- Research description (up to two pages).
- Nomination letter from his/her supervisor, research director or department head.
- Birth certificate or other proof of age.
- Scanned copy of doctorate certificate.
The Award will consist of 2000 Swiss Francs.
Please send the application to Ms. Bei Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 September 2018. The winner will be announced on the website of Cells by 30 November 2018.
Travel Award 2017
As Editor-in-Chief of Cells, I am pleased to announce that the winners of the 2017 Cells Travel Award are:
Francisca Vaz Bravo, a PhD student in the Inter-University Doctoral Programme of the University of Minho and University Nova of Lisbon, Portugal, whose research focuses on studying the impact of Phospholipase D functional ablation in neurodegenerative diseases. She is planning to attend the “Society for Neuroscience 2017”, 11–15 November 2017 in Washington, DC, USA. The award consists of 500 Swiss Francs towards attending this conference.
Zhongying Wang, a PhD student at the University of Southern California, USA, whose research focuses on imaging the GPCR signaling network in pancreatic cancer cells by developing novel affinity peptide probes. He is planning to attend the “5th Annual iHuman Forum”, 5–6 November 2017 in Shanghai, China. The award consists of 500 Swiss Francs towards attending this conference.
On behalf of the editorial team of Cells, I trust the awardees will enjoy stimulating discussions with experts in their fields of study and establish fruitful national and international contacts with colleagues from other institutions.
Dr. Alexander E. Kalyuzhny,
Travel Award 2016
As Editor-in-Chief of Cells, I am pleased to announce that the winner of the 2016 Cells Travel Award is:
Miquéias Lopes-Pacheco, a Postdoc fellow at University Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, whose research focuses on cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) protein. Particularly, he is interested in investigating the mechanisms underlying the rescue of CFTR mutants implicated in cystic fibrosis.
Miquéias completed his PhD research with 14 publications, being a key author in six of them, as well as presenting his work at many conferences as oral presentations and posters. He is planning to attend the “14th ECFS Basic Science Conference” at the end of March 2017 in Portugal. The award consists of 800 Swiss Francs towards attending this conference.
Dr. Alexander E. Kalyuzhny