Arts (ISSN 2076-0752) an international, peer-reviewed scholarly open access journal which provides a forum for scholarship and visual exploration in the visual, performing and ancient arts. It publishes forms of art production and practices, studies, criticism and theories from artists, historians and all other writers in the arts focused to promote dialogues and debates. Articles and essays devoted to a general readership intersted in arts as well as those for students and professors in high school are also welcome. Arts welcomes submissions from authors and artists around the world and is published quarterly in March, June, September and December.
- Visual Art: Painting; Sculpture; Architecture; Collage and Decollage; Assemblage; Installation; Calligraphy, Drawing, Printmaking and Engraving; Conceptual Art; Photography; Urban Art including Street Art and Graffiti; Kinetic and Op Art
- Performing and Media Art: Performance; Music and Dance; Theatre; Cinema and Video; Net-Art and New Media
History of Arts
- Western Art: Prehistoric Art; Ancient Art: Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Etruscan, Arcaic Greek Art and others; Classical Art: Classical Greece, Helenistic and Roman Art; Middle Ages Arts: Bizantine, Paleo-Christian, Pre-Romanic, Romanic and Gothics; Trecento and Renaissance (Quatrocento, Cincuecento and Mannerism); Baroque; Arts of XVIIIth Century; Arts of XIXth Century: Historical Vanguards (Fauvism, Expressionism, Cubism, Dadaism, Surrealism), Informalism, Abstract, Expressionism, Neodadaism, Pop Art, New Realism, Expanded Field Sculpture, Conceptual Art, Post-Modern Art
- Old Civilizations, Tribal and Eastern Arts: Chinese, Korean and Japanese Arts; Indian Arts; Islamic Arts; Pre-Columbian Arts; African Arts; Oceanic Arts
Arts and Society
- Theory and Aesthetic of Arts; Historiography; Art Criticism; Museology and Museography; Women and Arts. Women in Arts; Arts and Society including Economy of Arts; Art Auctions and Galleries; Arts and Science; Arts and Technology
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Arts is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Arts will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is email@example.com.