A section of Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049).
The Organic Synthesis Section of the journal Molecules publishes original research and review articles in all areas of organic chemistry involving synthesis focusing on the advancement of the science of synthetic chemistry. In general, this Section invites contributions that report on:
- The synthesis, design of novel (organic) compounds in a broad sense, including small molecules, biologically-relevant molecules, natural products (including isolation or identification studies), sensors, and supramolecular units.
- The methods development—new reactions or improvement of known reactions.
- Catalysis, including development of (organometallic) catalysts.
- Applications of photochemical reactions in synthesis.
- Theoretical, computational, mechanistic studies targeting improvement of synthetic methodology, new models of reactivity, selectivity.
Total or multistep syntheses should report new or improved strategies or methods, or a more efficient route to the target compound. Manuscripts that report routine syntheses will normally not be considered for publication in this Section. Syntheses accompanied by limited biological testing can be included, but it is recommended that the authors consider Medicinal Chemistry Section, especially if the strength of the work lies in the latter.
Molecules is seeking to publish results with detailed and reliable experimental procedures as well as properties of all important new products. It is expected that all new compounds will be well characterized, including but not limited to 1H- and 13C-NMR, EA or HRMS. Submission of spectral data in the form of supporting materials is encouraged. Please consult Instruction for Authors for details.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in Materials Derived from Polyhedral Boron Clusters (Deadline: 1 November 2017)
- Advances in Spiro Compounds (Deadline: 30 September 2017)
- Calixarenes, Pillararenes, and Cucurbiturils (Deadline: 31 August 2017)
- Catalytic Cascade Reactions (Deadline: 10 October 2017)
- Chirality in Health and Environment: Recent developments (Deadline: 31 December 2017)
- Design and Synthesis of Quorum-Sensing Inhibitors (Deadline: 15 October 2017)
- Enabling Technologies-Assisted Synthesis of Chiral Compounds (Deadline: 31 October 2017)
- Halogen Bonds and Beyond (Deadline: 15 November 2017)
- Isocyanide (Deadline: 1 July 2017)
- Nanometer-Size Glyconanoparticles: Synthesis and Biomedical Applications (Deadline: 1 December 2017)
- Progress in Silicon and Organosilicon Chemistry (Deadline: 30 September 2017)
- Synthesis and Applications of Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (Deadline: 10 October 2017)
Following topical collections within this section are currently open for submissions: