A section of Water (ISSN 2073-4441).
The section of Water–Food–Energy Nexus publishes papers on the topics of the Water–Food, Water–Energy and Water–Food–Energy Nexus. The thematic areas to be covered can thus include rain-fed and irrigated agriculture, water productivity, irrigation efficiency, aquaculture, hydroponics, aquaponics, water use in energy production, energy use in water supply and treatment, hydropower, integrated water–land–carbon footprint studies and the interactions among water, food and energy. This section will provide the informed and transparent framework that is required to meet increasing global demands without compromising sustainability.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Selected Papers from 2019 World Water Week (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Novel Approaches in Water Productivity (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Role of Intelligent Sensor Networks and Big Data Informatics for Enhanced Management of Urban Water and Energy Resources (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- Evapotranspiration and Plant Irrigation Strategies (Deadline: 30 October 2019)
- Water–Energy–Food Nexus from an International Development Perspective (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Calculated Irrigation Optimization: Applications of Spatial Meteorological Data (Deadline: 26 November 2019)
- Modelling and Management of the Energy Impact of Urban Water (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Interactions between Water-Energy-Food and Land Use (Deadline: 16 December 2019)
- Insights on the Water–Energy–Food Nexus (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Integrated Assessment of the Water–Energy–Land Nexus (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
- Risk Assessment of Water Resources and Food: Microbial Contaminants, Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance Genes (Deadline: 21 March 2020)
- Irrigation Scheduling and Crop Water Relations (Deadline: 30 March 2020)
- System Dynamics Modelling for Water–Energy–Climate Nexus (Deadline: 31 May 2020)