Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Viruses (ISSN 1999-4915).
Viruses have a variety of interactions with insect hosts. The insect may be the primary host of the virus or may act as a vector to transmit viruses to alternative plant or animal hosts. Papers in the Insect Virus section of Viruses span all groups of viruses that infect insect hosts. Manuscripts that represent original and significant contributions to the Insect Virus field will be considered for publication across a broad range of topics, including virus structure and assembly; virus replication; host defense and immunity; host–virus interactions; viral pathogenesis; virus evolution and basic research on biological control. Most reviews are invited; unsolicited reviews may be considered at the discretion of the Section Editor.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Applications of Baculoviruses: Expression Factories, Vaccines and VLPs, Gene Delivery Vectors, Biological Control and Virus Genetics Models (Deadline: 15 June 2023)
- Arbovirus Epidemiology & Control (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Mosquito-Borne Virus Ecology 2.0 (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- New Insights into Silkworm Viral Disease Research (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Arbovirus Diagnostics (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Insect-Specific Viruses 2.0 (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Culicoides-Borne Viruses 2023 (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Arboviruses and Climate (Deadline: 1 December 2023)
- Molecular Virus-Insect Interactions 2023 (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Baculovirus as Vaccine Vectors, RNA Interference Mediators, and Gene Delivery Vectors (Deadline: 31 January 2024)