Veterinary Education, Veterinary Communication and Animal Behavior
A section of Veterinary Sciences (ISSN 2306-7381).
The main task of veterinary education is to train qualified veterinarians. The task of modern veterinarians is not only to ensure the health of livestock, to promote the development of animal husbandry, and to provide human beings with sufficient meat, eggs, and milk. Moreover, through the prevention of zoonotic diseases and the supervision of the hygiene of animal food, research on active comparative medicine directly serves the cause of human healthcare. Veterinary education not only requires students to have solid theoretical basic knowledge and cultivates students' scientific research ability, but also pays great attention to the cultivation of practical ability and practical skills.
The communication skills of veterinarians have also been gradually incorporated into veterinary education and have attracted more and more attention from all walks of life. These skills play a key role in professional success in the animal health industry. Current veterinary communication includes three main major areas: (1) communication between veterinarians and clients, (2) communication between veterinarians, and the (3) training and learning of communication skills in veterinarians. Through veterinary education, practice, and communication, veterinarians can improve their skills and become familiar with animal behavior.
This Section’s topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Veterinary education curricula;
- Practical ability of veterinarians;
- Practical skills of veterinarians;
- Communication skills of veterinarians;
- Observation and understanding of animal behavior.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- The Interface between Veterinary Management and Behavioral Management for Captive Nonhuman Primates (Deadline: 5 March 2024)
- Relationship between Exercise Performance and Hormones in Blood of Exercised Horses (Deadline: 15 July 2024)